List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Two threads call vsyslog(), two threads in death embrace.
From:       Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-11-23 3:22:11

I'm just agitating... but bug 214482 seems to detail that two threads
calling vsyslog() lead to a death embrace.  I'm just posting to get some
wider eyes or opinions on that.

In the bug, I've kill -QUIT the mpd5 daemon and looked at it's corpse.  I
had to kill -QUIT because the daemon is completely unresponsive.  Regular
kills don't do anything.

In the mpd5 binary, there are 3 threads.  One is sitting in poll() and the
other two are stuck asking for a lock inside the vsyslog() library function.