List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    UEFI boot filter
From:       Peter Blok <pblok () bsd4all ! org>
Date:       2016-10-12 12:48:54

My Asrock E3C224D4I-14S has a CSM option "Boot option filter" which allows me to show \
only devices that can boot with UEFI.

If it is set to UEFI and Legacy, FreeBSD boots fine over UEFI.

If I set it to UEFI only, the disk is not found.

I have Solaris 11.3 installed on a different disk and that one is listed as "ORACLE \
Solaris 11.3" in the list of bootable devices, instead of the disk number and vendor \
id. FreeBSD doesn't show up in the list.

Does anybody know how this mechanism works and how to make it work for FreeBSD?

Peter