List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: projects/routing announcement/status
From:       Alexander V. Chernikov <melifaro () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2016-08-27 20:43:08

27.08.2016, 20:58, "Jim Thompson" <jim@netgate.com>:
> > On Aug 27, 2016, at 11:50 AM, Hooman Fazaeli <hoomanfazaeli@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Second have you considered replacing the existing radix tree with a faster data \
> > structure, specially the Luigi DXR tables?
(Sorry for re-posting #2, I incidentally sent an html-only reply).

One of the goals was to be able to ease switching between different structures for \
different purposes on-fly. I did consider using DXR and there was even some glue code \
to make it modular lookup algo in ipfw tables: \
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=271932

DXR is very fast when handling full-view, but, as Jim already mentioned it is \
ipv4-specific. Also, it might be overkill when having small number of routes (e.g. \
typical non-routing host).