List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: sysctl(3) man page examples
From:       Patrick Kelsey <pkelsey () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2015-06-30 5:35:13

> On Jun 29, 2015, at 2:37 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org> wrote:
>
> > On 06/28/15 08:26, Patrick Kelsey wrote:
> > s a sysctl entry for it (containing an empty
> > string)
>
> Hi,
>
> FYI:
>
> Until r267960 zero-length strings were not listed by sysctl, which might be part of \
> the reason this bug has not been seen before.

I initially read this somewhat differently than you meant it - but now I see what you \
are saying - between r240176 and r267960, it would not have been visually apparent \
that user.cs_path was empty in the output of 'sysctl user' as user.cs_path would not \
have been displayed at all due to being empty. That is a good point.

-Patrick