List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: iPXE booting latest PCengines alu board
From:       Daniel Braniss <danny () cs ! huji ! ac ! il>
Date:       2014-06-18 5:40:16

On Jun 17, 2014, at 9:26 PM, Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 6/17/14, 7:05 PM, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> > if a gateway is needed, then all is ok.
> > any ideas?
> you are giving it the wrong netmask?

no.
BTW, the same setup is being used for PXE, and works (and has been working since way \
back :-), it seems our pxe/pxeboot work fine with ‘standard’ PXE, but fails with \
iPXE. I tracked it down to the rpc doing a sendutp and !PXE returning status = 1, \
fail, and I see no traffic on the wire, there should have been an ARP request.
just a shot in the dark, but it seems PXE handles correctly the routing (send to \
gateway or local net) while iPXE does not.

thanks,
	danny