List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Proposed change to Bootstrapping and Kernel Initialization in FreeBSD Architecture Handbook
From:       Warren Block <wblock () wonkity ! com>
Date:       2014-01-14 15:19:48

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Sergio Andr=E9s G=F3mez del Real wrote:

> I started studying the FreeBSD boot system and found that the documentati=
on
> is limited and, in some cases, not true; for example it doesn't address
> appropriately the boot1 stage, stating erroneously that it is limited for
> booting with a floppy.
> Anyway, I've been working on an up-to-date version, and would like to hear
> some feedback.
>
> I attach the diff file for
> doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/arch-handbook/boot/chapter.xml.

Thank you for working on this.  From a doc perspective, it appears that =

whitespace and content changes have been mixed, which makes the work =

of translators more difficult.

The new XML source is largely unformatted, and should be wrapped at 70 =

columns.  Please see =

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/book.html#writi=
ng-style-tag-style

Rather than "FreeBSD", use the &os; entity.

I did not look at the content much, but am willing if the first two =

problems can be fixed.

Thanks!