List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Automount and nfsv4
From:       Rick Macklem <rmacklem () uoguelph ! ca>
Date:       2013-12-03 21:58:53

Eric McCorkie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an interest in getting the automounter to work with an nfsv4 +
> ldap setup so that I can set up a FreeBSD development system at work
> (which would be a good test in a production environment).  I also
> have a much smaller ldap + nfsv4 setup on my home network that would
> act as a good smoke test.
>
> I know there was some work done at some point in this direction; is
> that code still available somewhere, or is it too bit-rotted at this
> point?  Either way, are there any docs I should read in order to get
> started?

I am not aware of any work done on amd to get it to work for NFSv4 mounts.
From what I can recall, amd uses the old mount(2) syscall instead of
nmount(2). It would need to be converted to use nmount(2) so that it
could do NFSv4 mounts, I think (without looking at the code).

I once looked at the amd sources and decided to "run away..", so
good luck if you try and convert it.

rick