List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Stacking lots of IP's on a single box - any 'gotchas'?
From:       Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst () tdx ! co ! uk>
Date:       2013-08-01 8:16:54

--On 31 July 2013 23:47 +0400 Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet@gmail.com> wrote:

>> But is there any hard limit we're likely to encounter putting so many
>> IP's on a single machine? - Are there any limits that would likely need
>> tuning to support that many IP's?
>>

> Unlikely, besides those unrelated things like ntpd+select() et.al.

As far as I know they already split the software handling the IP's between
multiple instances (some kind of VPN end points outward facing) - so as
long as we say, avoid anything that's going to try and 'select' on all of
them - and keep an eye on other things (like mbufs/clusters/fd's etc.) this
should work...

Thanks for the replies...

-Kp