List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: removing plip from GENERIC
From:       John Baldwin <jhb () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2013-01-31 17:04:11

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:09:56 pm Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> Does plip no longer work?

I had one user ("bf") who verified that plip(4) still worked in March of 2009
after my locking changes to ppc/ppbus.  OTOH, I doubt it is very widely used
at all.  I would probably only leave it in GENERIC for i386 and pc98 if
anywhere.  Of course, there are many far, far older drivers (like just about
everything that is ISA but doesn't include built-in LPC stuff like psm,
atkbdc, uart, and ppc) that should be removed before GENERIC before plip.
There are machines that may have a ppc port that do not have an ISA slots.

--
John Baldwin