List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: [RELEASE] New Boot-Loader Menu
From:       Devin Teske <dteske () vicor ! com>
Date:       2011-05-30 2:26:30

On May 29, 2011, at 6:08 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

> On 5/29/11 2:53 PM, Devin Teske wrote:

> > > One minor adjustment... can we make that environment variable "loader_version" \
> > > instead of "version"?
> > > The code is already in for "loader_version". Whatever string you export into \
> > > that environment variable will be displayed on-screen at bottom-right, \
> > > right-justified.
> > The code for thew new menu has been committed to HEAD.
> >
> > http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=222417
> >
> > Now...
> >
> > Who wants to make the necessary patch to loader(8) to export $loader_version \
> > text?
> > Or maybe a suggestion on another list worth including on this?
> I suggest this move to -current since it is checked on there,
> and a port be kept for 8.x/7.x
>
> Devin, a fix was made at 222450 as it was broken for ppc.

Regarding fix 222450:

Oops. Slight oversight. Thanks for the one-liner fix.

Looks like we'll have to do the same thing for the following:

	sys/boot/ia64/common/Makefile
	sys/boot/powerpc/ps3/Makefile
	sys/boot/sparc64/loader/Makefile

Here's a patch that can be applied by anyone willing:

http://druidbsd.sourceforge.net/download/loader_menu-1.6.1-HEAD20110521092952-fixup.patch

--
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you \
are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) \
do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the \
sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our \
domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended \
recipient. Thank you. _____________