List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    UDLR implementation
From:       Alexander Mogilny <sg () sg ! org ! ua>
Date:       2010-07-23 14:28:35

Hello!
I have been searching on Internet for implementation of UDLR protocol (RFC 3077).
AFAI see this protocol support is implemented only for Cisco platform.
I am thinking of implementing some kind of virtual network device which uses TX
of one NIC and RX of another NIC. As a result I will get a device with similar to
RFC 3077 functionality.
I am a little new to low level kernel development so the question is: what would
be the staff to start with?

Thanks for help!

--
AIM-UANIC | AIM-RIPE  +-----[ FreeBSD ]-----+
Alexander Mogilny     | The Power to Serve! |