List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Dell M600 Blade: 6.4 works, 7.x and 8.x fail to boot
From:       Peter Beckman <beckman () angryox ! com>
Date:       2009-11-15 3:42:09

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Thierry Herbelot wrote:

> Le Saturday 14 November 2009, Peter Beckman a =C3=A9crit :
> [SNIP]

  So I was able to binary update from 6.4 to 7.0-RELEASE, but when I trie=

     freebsd-update -r 8.0-RC3 upgrade

  After installing after that I get the same hanging I saw with the booto=
nly
  ISO.  The mpt0 device is loaded, pcib8, but after it hits atrtc0, it
  hangs.

  I'm trying what someone suggested previously -- install 8.0-RC3 using t=
he
  6.4 install disk via the net.  I'm trying that now, but I'm not hopeful=
.
  I think I need to give up and move on that FreeBSD isn't going to work.

Beckman
Peter Beckman                                                  Internet G=
uy
beckman@angryox.com                                 http://www.angryox.co=
m/