List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    IcyDock FreeBSD 6 Compatibility?
From:       "Sam Sutch" <samuraiblog () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-02-27 17:52:20

Hello hackers. I need a backup solution that'll allow me to use
standard UNIX tools such as dump and restore but not break the bank. I
am looking at getting one of these IcyDock units that accept removable
hard drive trays, like this one:

http://www.icydock.com/product/mb559ueb-1s.html

The site says it uses this:

http://www.oxsemi.com/products/storage/OXUF924DSB.html

chipset. Is chipset supported with FreeBSD 6.1? If so, how easily will
I be able to get one of these working? Also, if there are any, better,
alternatives to IcyDock but with similar functionality, please let me
know! :)

Thanks,
Sam