List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    freebsd 5.3, gmirror raid 1, PROBLEM
From:       sara lidgey <slidgey () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2006-05-29 21:44:04

Hi All,

 I've been running a server using FreeBSD 5.3 and gmirror to mirror two identical IDE \
hard drives.  Its been running great for over a year.  But recently everything went \
down and when I reboot and put a monitor on it I get the following errors on screen:  \
  GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider ad1 disconnected
 GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: provider mirror/gm0 destroyed
 GEOM_MIRROR: Device gm0: rebuilding provider ad0 stopped

 Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode...  (this is followed by details \
about the fault)
 These errors are preceded by other related error information that flys by on the \
screen and I have no way of seeing them again.
 Does anyone now what steps I should take to figure what is going on and try to \
recover data or get the machine to boot?
 Thanks so much,
 S.