List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    CUPS crashes on FreeBSD 5.3
From:       Bram Van Steenlandt <brampie () no-wackos ! com>
Date:       2005-01-25 17:06:07

Update on the situation:

I tried it without X11 and after approximatly 4 to 6 prints I get

panic: page fault (it then stop doing anything)

I finally got reply from cups (also asked them wether 4.10 would solve
the problem)

New comments added:

More than likely this is an issue with the USB printer driver in FreeBSD. \
Unfortunately, since we no longer have any FreeBSD systems in our lab, I have no idea \
whether 4.10 will solve the problem.

I *do* know that in the Linux 2.4.x days, we found that USB printing was unreliable \
with the Dymo printers, so we use the serial port instead...

regards bram