List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    regarding signaling........
From:       pradeep reddy punnam <prady_p () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-06-23 2:30:36

Hi,

i am modifing my ../netinet/ip_input.c code so that kernel can inform a user process \
about the arrival of a packet, i want to use signaling mechanism for this , i know \
the pid of the process to which the signal should be send, i am looking for exact \
function that can help me in sending SIGIO to procss... i tryed to use the kill and \
psignal functions but the system going  panic when the packet arrives...may be my use \
of the fuctions is wrong... can i call a system call from the kernel....
somebody tell me what functions are suitable to call for such a situation....
thanking you...

--prady.