List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: TODO list?
From:       Christopher Arnold <chris () terrabee ! net>
Date:       2003-06-30 13:26:00

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:

> >>Assigned to maintainer.
> >
> > I'm not the maintainer, but I'll commit the patch in a couple of longish
> > minutes. An MFC will happen sometime next week. Feel free to ping me
> > at the end of next week if it hasn't been MFC'd by then.
>
> Pretty impressive, just by asking about how to contribute, Joshua Oreman
> have caused one commit of a fix from a PR and the closing of two other
> PRs. ;-)
Isn't it!

> Would it be productive/meaningful if one were to browse through the PR
> db, check/verify open PRs with fixes and report back to this list with
> "looks good" fixes so that they then could be commited in the same way
> as the three PRs reported by Joseph Holland King?
I have put some time into looking thru the PR db and there is a LOT of
stuff that either could be closed or could be fixed right away.

But i guess whats holding me back is the same thing that is holding others
back. Whats the correct way to get my hands dirty?

Is Joachim's idea of reporting back to -hackers correct? (I guess that
would be -ports for ports related issues?)

Some of the issues are quite fun. I mean how important is it that a
BusLogic unit dosn't work under FreeBSD 2.2.6? This is a five year old PR,
half the lifespan of the FreeBSD project... Couldn´t we close kern/7264?

If someone offers to be my mentor i would gladly walk thru the db and stir
up some dust. Any volonteer? I can even formulate my questions so you only
have to answer YES/NO...

If there isn't any volonteer i guess i just have to start pestering
everyone on -hackers...

	/Chris