List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Your message to Philip Hazel
From:       Philip Hazel <ph10 () cus ! cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-06-27 13:10:46

Hello!

This message is being sent to you automatically because you sent email to
Philip Hazel, and you are not somebody with whom I have previously
corresponded.

I have had to install some defences against unsolicited mail, because it got to
the point where 90% of what I was receiving was junk. For example, one morning
recently I arrived at work to find I had only 5 real messages out of 66.

(If you are a previous correspondent, then my attempts to whitelist you have
clearly failed; this might have happened if you have mailed from a different
address, or if the envelope sender of your messages is different to the From:
lines. My apologies.)

If you are trying to send me unsolicited advertising of any kind, or requests
for "urgent assistance", please go away. Even if you manage to get a message
through to me, I will not read it, or respond to it in any way.

If you are trying to send me a genuine message, please re-send the message with
the following code included in the Subject line:

  PQN10567KOG

Once I have established that you are a genuine correspondent, your address will
be added to my whitelist, and you will not have to go through this procedure
again. The code above is valid for a few days.

I am sorry that I have to make you do this in order to contact me. I left my
mailbox open to all as long as I could, but the scum of the Internet have now
got so numerous that the amount of rubbish has become too overwhelming without
some automatic filtering.

Philip Hazel