List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: Hmm, sysctlfs.
From:       Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick () garage ! freebsd ! pl>
Date:       2002-12-24 7:47:41

On Tue, Dec 24, 2002 at 08:35:55AM +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> Hello hackers...
+>
+> I've wrote file system that operate on sysctl tree.
+> Most of work is done, but some cosmetic changes are needed.
+> If somebody think that this can be usefull...
+>
+> 	http://garage.freebsd.pl/sysctlfs.README
+> 	http://garage.freebsd.pl/sysctlfs.tbz

Project goals:
- You can see sysctl permissions,
- You can use much more system tools to operate on files than on sysctls,
- Will be nice to mount file system like this via NFS, but this isn't
  supported by mountd(8), I think.
But main goal was: training of my kernel hacking skills:)

And yes, I know that this isn't very usefull, but...

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek
UNIX Systems Administrator