List:       freebsd-hackers
Subject:    Re: sendmail + auth + ssl + freebsd
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-12-20 2:35:42

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 09:26:54PM -0500, Leo Bicknell wrote:

> If no one else has figured this mess out, I'll do it and write a
> page for the handbook. If someone else has, please clue me in, and
> if necessary I'll still write that handbook page. :-)  It would be
> very nice if it was simple to make FreeBSD sendmail SSL and
> authenticate against the password file.

Well, my first suggestion would be to use postfix.  It's *very* easy to
setup with SASL auth and SSL.  It uses the Cyrus libraries and OpenSSL.

Go out and use your favorite search engine.  I just used google and turned
up instructions on the sendmail.org site for configuring it to use the
Cyrus SASL libs.

- alex