List:       freebsd-fs
Subject:    zpool stripe degraded due to wrong vdev
From:       Beeblebrox via freebsd-fs <freebsd-fs () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2017-01-25 18:57:32

Hello.
I was experimenting with Zfs-on Linux and I now have a corrupted zpool. My mirrored \
pool is ok, but the striped mirror shows a) removed vdev partition from the stripe \
and b) added ext4 vdev (where Linux root is) to the stripe. The pool is currently in \
an exported state, has no external zil/cache.

I know the ZDB options, but I though it best to ask before I went ahead with any \
operations on the pool. 1. I need to "zpool detach" the ext4 partition and "zpool \
add" the original partition to the stripe pool. Can I do this in exported state or \
must I "import -fN" ? I assume "zpool replace" is riskier in this case. Any special \
flags to make this operation safer?

2. I assume I would then run one of "zpool clear -F -n" or "zdb -cc -e -f (or -X)" or \
a simple scrub.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

--
FreeBSD_amd64_12
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.