List:       freebsd-fs
Subject:    Re: kern/147881: [zfs] [patch] ZFS "sharenfs" doesn't allow
From:       Richard Conto <Richard.Conto () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-21 21:40:10

The following reply was made to PR kern/147881; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Richard Conto <Richard.Conto@gmail.com>
To: Martin Birgmeier <martin.birgmeier@aon.at>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
 Richard Conto <richard.conto@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: kern/147881: [zfs] [patch] ZFS "sharenfs" doesn't allow different \
                "exports" options for different hosts
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:10:19 -0400

 My patch is IPv4/IPv6/DNS agnostic - it ought to work either way.  NFSv4  might be a \
problem due to the syntax differences in /etc/exports  (/etc/zfs/exports).

 All my patch does is use ';' as a special character to allow multiple  values (like \
you want) for each export.  Each value is prefixed by the  mount point and written to \
/etc/zfs/exports.

 I'm still running it - but it's for a home file server where I want to  restrict \
"root" access from certain VPNs.  Given that all it does is  change the output to \
/etc/zfs/exports, which is handled by the regular  NFS export mechanism, I don't \
think that there should be any significant  difference between home and \
production/enterprise use - unless NFS  exports keel over when there's hundreds of \
mount points (easy to do with  ZFS) rather than tens.  My home set up is exporting \
only 25 mount  points.

 --- Richard

 On Oct 15, 2010, at 3:15 AM, Martin Birgmeier wrote:

 > Please implement this or a similar patch. I need this in my dual  IPv4/IPv6 setup, \
where it is necessary to have something like  >