List:       freebsd-fs
Subject:    "bootable" shared zpool
From:       Andriy Gapon <avg () icyb ! net ! ua>
Date:       2009-05-27 15:15:34

I am very confused how to resolve the following issue.

I have a zfs pool that can be imported to two systems.
On one system the pool is a "secondary" pool, i.e. I import it into altroot, do
some modifications to filesystems, etc.
On the other system it is a "primary" pool - the system boots from it, there are
no UFS or other filesystems besides ZFS on this pool.

So the problem is the following - when I disconnect the disk from the first system
I have to do zpool export on it, but in this case the second system can not boot
from it (no pools found).
So currently I have to boot the second system from live cd first, perform zpool
import and the reboot "into the pool".
I believe that "live cd" step can be avoided somehow, but don't know how.

--
Andriy Gapon