List:       freebsd-emulation
Subject:    SIGILL with qemu-user-static on aarch64
From:       Jonathan Chen <jonc () chen ! org ! nz>
Date:       2020-01-11 3:44:48

Hi,

I'm trying to crossbuild java/openjdk11 on FreeBSD-12/amd64 for
ARCH=aarch64. All dependencies have been built successfully, but the
build of java/openjdk11 is currently failing when the port attempts to
run "/usr/local/bootstrap-openjdk11/bin/java -version" from the
(just-built) java/bootstrap-openjdk11.

If I extract java/bootstrap-openjdk11 and run the same command on a
RPI3, it succeeds with the expected output; but on an emulated aarch64
environment I get SIGILL. I've attached the contents of the java-error
log if it helps.

Cheers
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>