List:       freebsd-emulation
Subject:    linuxulator problem report HOWTO (Was: Re: legal use of vmware on
From:       Alexander Leidinger <Alexander () Leidinger ! net>
Date:       2006-12-18 7:17:09

Quoting John E Hein <jhein@timing.com> (from Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:19:22 -0700):

> That said, there are people actively working linux emulation in
> general.  It would probably be more useful if you explained to this
> list what issues you had when trying to run vmware (e.g., any error
> output, kernel messages, ktrace results, OS version, etc.).

Yes please. The most bang for the buck we would get if this is done on
-current/i386. Any linuxulator related problem with a real world
application gets typically more priority than a problem encountered
with the linux test project testcases we use.

A first report should include the OS version (and the day of the
source update),  the failing application, kernel messages and a simple
way of reproducing it (in case the application is freely available).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
BOFH excuse #289:

Interference between the keyboard and the chair