List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    October eNews - 2010 security release our best yet!
From:       "PC Tools" <newsletter () email ! pctools ! com>
Date:       2009-10-20 14:53:14

Independent tests show PC Tools' powerful multi-layered approach provides \
best-in-class detection and protection.

To ensure you always get our emails, please add the domain @email.pctools.com to your \
Safe Sender list.

Click on the below link to view this email online
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VW

2010 Security Portfolio Launch
==============================

Hi Doc,

At PC Tools we measure ourselves on delivering quality software solutions that meet \
our customers' needs. Recent customer research* told us that customer satisfaction is \
driven by the ability to detect and fix infections, followed by providing intuitive \
easy to use solutions with powerful protection.

With this as our guiding principle we're pleased to announce the launch of the 2010 \
Security Portfolio which includes; PC Tools  Internet Securityâ„¢, Spyware Doctorâ„¢ \
with AntiVirus and Spyware Doctorâ„¢ delivering Precision Technology and Powerful \
Protection!

Independent Test Data
---------------------

Independent Tests conducted for 2010 BETA product show that PC Tools products provide \
leading protection**.

Test category                                           Score
Overall on-demand detection (556,224 samples)           99.46%

Wildlist Malware detection (on-demand and on-access)    100%

Behavioral/Dynamic detection (on-access)                100%

Overall system disinfection (active components)         100%

Rootkit disinfection (active components)                100%

2010 Security Range - New and Improved Features

The 2010 Security Portfolio has a diverse combination of technologies providing \
powerful multi-layered protection at every entry point, while intuitively monitoring \
computer behavior to deliver the optimum user experience.

- Windows 7 Compatible

- Behavior Guard (ThreatFire) behavioral technology blocks new threats faster than \
traditional signature methods.

- Multi-layered browsing protection with Site Guard and Browser Guard incorporating \
dynamic content analysis to protect against web exploits, rogueware and drive-by \
downloads.

- Power-Saving mode minimizes the impact on battery power, extending user time by \
delaying power-intensive actions until a more appropriate time.

- Idle mode optimizing your PC resources for your usage by running CPU consuming \
tasks including scans and updates automatically in idle mode.

- Game mode provides uninterrupted gaming, movie and presentation experiences.

Paid Customers get a Free Upgrade to 2010 Release
upgrade to the 2010 version of your product.

Footnotes
---------
* PC Tools Ownership Study August 2009 conducted by Research Edge, Inc.
** AV Test Labs 1 October 2009 commissioned by PC Tools

Windows ® is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation in the United States \
of America and/or other countries.

GET POWERFUL PROTECTION
-----------------------

Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010

Award-winning spyware and virus protection to secure your PC against privacy, \
tracking and virus threats.

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSR

Top Threats
-----------

Below are some of the latest threats identified by PC Tools Malware Research Center:

Adware.Agent.ZO
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VR

Backdoor.PCclient
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VS

Trojan.Popuper
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VT

Trojan-Spy.VB
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VU

The above infections can be detected and cleaned using PC Tools Internet Security or \

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSS

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VST

http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VY

> > Desktop Maestro <<
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSU

Send to a friend
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/ff/c?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VgVTTTUTB

This message was intended for 'doc@freebsd.org'

You have received this message because you are subscribed to 'PC Tools newsletter and \
special promotions'.

Update your email subscription
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSWVLuHptVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjn

Unsubscribe
http://email.pctools.com/servlet/cc6?iJltkQBRTQSVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjnV2VSWVLuHptVKhJxMjLLIkKQhjn

To contact us please email reply-newsletter@email.pctools.com

PC Tools Limited
Brookvale Plaza, East Park, Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland.
Copyright (c) 2009 PC Tools. All rights reserved.