List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    Re: Suggestion to update online handbook (new location of
From:       Pav Lucistnik <pav () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2006-08-26 10:18:48

Sanjib Ahmad píše v so 26. 08. 2006 v 00:06 -0700:

> Was going through the online handbook and noticed that on this page:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/smtp-uucp.html
>
> About, creating your own .mc file and converting it into valid sendmail.cf file.
>
> The online handbook suggests:
> # cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf         <<< this location doesn't exist in 6.1 RELEASE
> # make foo.cf
> # cp foo.cf /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
>
> The new location in 6.1 RELEASE seems to be:
> /usr/share/sendmail/cf/cf

Yay, this chapter is dated. Nowadays, cf is installed into the userland,
as you correctly noted, and moreso, all the make magic can be performed
directly in /etc/mail

I'll update the Handbook in a few minutes.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

> With a 10 MHz 386 the downloading speed would most likely drop to a crawl
> or stop with the decoding process etc.
I think most 10MHz 386 users are quite accustomed to things dropping
to a crawl.