List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    Re: cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq book.sgml
From:       Marc Fonvieille <blackend () freebsd ! org>
Date:       2004-09-23 10:33:51

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 07:50:56PM +0100, Ceri Davies wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 06:26:59PM +0000, Ceri Davies wrote:
> > ceri        2004-09-22 18:26:59 UTC
> >
> >   FreeBSD doc repository
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq book.sgml
> >   Log:
> >   Correct some grammar and note an area for improvement.
>
> How much are these changes annoying translators?  I have more.

It depends.  Often what people call "grammar changes" also means a
subtle rewording and not only adding a missing "s", etc.  This gives
work to translators.  A translator reads every commit, so he will spend
more or less time on any commit.
Anyway, if your changes are not mandatory or not simple grammar or typos
fix, you should postpone them.

Marc