List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    Re: http://www.alaska.net/~hmmm/pcw01.htm
From:       Sean Kelly <kelly () fsl ! noaa ! gov>
Date:       1996-09-26 15:07:10

hmmm wrote:
> hey!  never heard from you guys

Well, you know how it goes ...

Anyway, I'd recommend renaming the so-called alphabit scripts longer and
more descriptive names.  After all, you've got a lot more than the
DOS-imposed 8.3 limit, and Unix being hard enough to understand as it
is, longer names like "network-monitor" might help the unitiated.

I still claim that "mv /usr/bin/vi /usr/bin/vivi" is a no-no!

The other thing I'd recommend changing is the colors of the headings ...
they're downright unreadable in some places.

Otherwise, the hints for newcomers are appropriate and I hope they can
get up to speed faster with your example ocnfig files, suggestions, etc.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory    kelly@fsl.noaa.gov