List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    Re: How can I help?
From:       John Fieber <jfieber () grendel ! csc ! smith ! edu>
Date:       1995-08-25 4:11:43

Francisco Reyes writes:
> I am fairly new to FreeBsd so I would be best at things that
> don't need lots of FreeBsd knowledge.

Great!  A fresh view!

> - Freebsd WEB pages

I'm currently performing a substantial overhaul of these.

> - Installation documentation (writing a manual for newbies
> like myself)
> - Revise online help descritpions using during install

You should talk with Jordan (jkh@freebsd.org) about this.  I
thought all of your suggestions in the previous message were
good.  The install docs on 2.0.5 were sort of thrown together at
the last minute and left a lot to be desired.

> - Create CGI scripts to automate some processes such as the
> registration counter using the WEB pages.

A registration CGI would be nifty.  Another good one would be a
WWW form for submitting problem reports like the send-pr program.
This will take some investigation.  I'm currently banging my head
against the mailing list archive which I broke two days ago.
<grrrrr>

-john

jfieber@cs.smith.edu
http://fieber-john.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber