List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    Error in kerberos section of the handbook
From:       Dave Chapeskie <dchapes () zeus ! leitch ! com>
Date:       1995-07-22 0:29:38

    First off, wonderful job on the handbook guys!

    I noticed the following mistakes (I think) in the Kerberos
section of the on-line handbook.

6.3.2 Making it all run

    That document says I need an rcmd and a kpasswd instance for
each machine.  I only have rcmd instances on each machine and only
my KDC has a kpasswd instance.  I have no problems changing my
kerberos password from any of the machines in my network.  I'm
almost certain the kpasswd instance is only relevent on the KDC.

6.3.5 Testing it all out

    "Try listing the tokens using klist" should probably read
    "Try listing the tickets using klist"

Misc:

    On my 2.0.5R box I found that the kpasswd entry in /etc/inetd.conf
was commented out by default and must be uncommented (on the KDC
only).  This should be documented somewhere with the setup notes.

    I noticed there was nothing in S/Key or the DES, MD5, and Crypt
sections.  Is anyone working on these?  If not I might have a go
at it (at least the S/Key one).  I assume that for S/Key an example
of how to setup an s/key, how to use it for various things, and
how to configure a system to require one when loggin in would be
sufficient.

    I've never used sgml before, although I have used other markup
languages.  The sgmlfmt(1) man page refers to "linuxdoc DTD".
Where can I find documentation on this?  Is there any sort of
guideline type documents for writing sections of the handbook?

Thanks
--
Dave Chapeskie
Leitch Technology International Inc.