List:       freebsd-doc
Subject:    Re: Do you want some help with the FreeBSD docs?
From:       jfieber () cs ! smith ! edu (John Fieber)
Date:       1995-03-10 1:35:16

Wilko Bulte writes:
> And when you are reformatting it, can you maybe try to find out why
> section numbering like 3.5.2 don't work in HTML? When formatted for ASCII
> they come out OK.

I know exactly why and the reason is in that blasted html2html
program that I started rewriting in perl.  There is nothing wrong
with the orginal document.   And really, nothing wrong with the
conversion either, just a choice made by the author of the
conversion tool.  Whether or not it was a *good* choice is up for
debate.

-john