List:       freebsd-current
Subject:    Re: ZFS problems
From:       Glen Barber <gjb () FreeBSD ! org>
Date:       2013-02-28 1:32:54

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 05:09:02PM -0800, Xin Li wrote:
> Martin actually have done very good job maintaining ioctl
> compatibility when we jumped from v15 to v28 that most people didn't
> even notice that the ioctl was changed.
>=20

As one who has gone through that upgrade on head/, stable/9/, and
stable/8/, I could not agree more.  This is why I was a bit confused
about vfs.zfs.version.spa, to be honest - I did not see any "version
changes" associated, but only user reports about "old zfs tools" not
working.

Thanks for all the info.

Glen