List:       freebsd-current
Subject:    IGMPv3 implementation
From:       Philip Romanov <philip_romanov () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-09-30 22:54:25

Hello,

Does the current implement IGMPv3 state machine when it comes to merging interface \
state changes during retransmissions as per 5.1 of RFC3376:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3376#section-5

I think I'm lost in the forest of red-black trees of igmp.c and missing something \
basic there.

It was expected to see IGMP interface state change merge engine along the lines of:

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-IGMP-v3---Generation-of-Interface-State-Report-td21166759.html \

i.e with per-source address retransmit counters, etc. Such implementation, for \
example, is seen in Linux stack.

Can somebody shed any light on it? What is the compliance of interface state "merge" \
during report retransmits?

Regards,

  Philip