List:       freebsd-current
Subject:    stty sane broken on current.
From:       Paul van der Zwan <paulz () vanderzwan ! org>
Date:       2004-10-31 18:39:00

It looks like stty sane clears the echo flag on -current, while stty
sane should put the settings to reasonable values for interactive
terminal use according to the man-page (IMHO reasonable include echo
;-))

I can reproduce this both on the console and in an ssh session.

Could this be related to phk's patches for the tty drivers of about 2
weeks ago?

Paul

BTW portupgrade calls 'stty sane' so I loose your echo everytime I run
portupgrade.
--
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.