List:       freebsd-ports
Subject:    Re: 5.x packages and request for help.
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2002-03-15 7:58:34

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 09:01:47PM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:

> I think it's idiotic to put spackle over the broken window,
> paint the wall, and then call it "fixed".

I know what objprelink is, and as far as I'm concerned it's there to work
around the substandard support that C++ gets from the GNU binutils and
compiler.  I don't feel much sympathy for the breaking a silly hack that
amounts to spackle in the first place by whatever happened to the
binutils.

FWIW I haven't built KDE or Qt from the ports tree in a while.  It seems
like it's been about six days since I've cvsup'd and built world.

- alex