List:       freebsd-chat
Subject:    software raid and boot
From:       mika ruohotie <bsdchat () aeon ! st>
Date:       2003-11-04 12:33:33

hello,

some time ago (could be a long time ago too) i remember reading from
either current or hackers why exactly software raid is not that
good of an idea as a boot-media. (could've been terry explaining this)

anyone care to re-explain this, or correct me in case i remember
incorrectly. i tried to find what was said, but i wasnt successfull.

(i decided this is mostly chat-level thing, even tho i am truly
 interested from a technical view point)

is it possible to even do it with vinum, at some point it wasnt.

thanks.

mickey

ps. yes, i have an argument about this issue with some of my friends
    who are hard-core linux people...