List:       freebsd-chat
Subject:    Re: How do hackers drive?
From:       "kosmos" <abowhill () blarg ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 22:45:29

>I recently started reading Eric Raymond's _The_Art_of_UNIX_Programming_ and
>it's gotten me taking another look at the way I am in general.

>Other programmers drive this way as well, correct?

You have an argument. Every carload of programmers I have ever been with
(particularly C-programmers) can agree on where to go, but it's an issue
on the specific route to get there. Usually the dominant programmer wins,
and the driver loses.

I am in professional training change, Journalism->Programming (a hard,
long, math catchup), and if the objective is a 5-minute trip to the
store, I find myself meandering aimlessly though the countryside, miles away,
looking at the cows and trees.

I am of course _thinking_ about math and C++ projects, but that's probably
not a good sign.

>The revelation is that I'm starting to understand that many non-programmer
>_don't_ generally evaluate their car trips like this.

Just out of curiosity, how do you think C compares to C++? Or what do you
think of OO-languages in general?

--
Allan Bowhill

Very few profundities can be expressed in less than 80 characters.