List:       freebsd-chat
Subject:    Re: Making the linux world on FreeBSD
From:       Kris Kennaway <kris () obsecurity ! org>
Date:       2002-01-31 2:10:47

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 01:31:47PM +0100, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> How good is FreeBSD's linuxulator?  This is how good it is.
>
> [...]

You can also run an entire linux distribution within FreeBSD except
for some system-level commands which deal with devices and expect
certain ioctls to be supported.  You could happily stick a Debian or
Redhat installation inside a jail on a FreeBSD host system, for
example.

At some point I'm going to play with something like this as a way of
migrating our desktop systems at uni away from redhat and onto FreeBSD
without the users noticing too much :)

Kris