List:       freebsd-chat
Subject:    Re: Bad disk partitioning policies (was: "Re: FreeBSD Intaller (was    "Re: ... RedHat ...")")
From:       swear () blarg ! net (Gary W !  Swearingen)
Date:       2002-01-28 21:58:24

Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be> writes:

> It really depends on whether you're talking about 95% of the
> real total disk space, or 95% of the "available" disk space.  I
> assume you're talking about the real total disk space, but I
> think that this kind of qualification needs to be made every
> time you talk about a percentage (or a global statement needs to
> be made early that every percentage discussed is of one type or
> the other unless explicitly indicated otherwise).

Good point.  I tried to be explicit somewhere in that msg, but I see
I was ambiguous there.  (I meant "% of the full FS".  It's awkward
to refer to the other kind.)

FreeBSD could use a semi-official Glossary, but it might cause more
shed-painting (?) and unhappiness with bad definitions than it'd be
worth.