List:       freebsd-chat
Subject:    PowerPC support(was: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD?)
From:       Greg Lehey <grog () lemis ! com>
Date:       2001-01-07 1:07:48

On Saturday,  6 January 2001 at 18:05:24 +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Folks,
>
> 	I've been looking a bit more closely into what it would take for
> me to be able to make my PCI PowerMacintosh 7200/90 usable with some
> *BSD variant.  Theoretically, it's usable today with MkLinux, but we
> know that this is a dead-end project, and I'm not interested in
> dead-ends.
>
> 	I looked, and of course FreeBSD does not currently support
> PowerPC.

Benno Rice is working on it.  Don't expect anything usable for a
while.

Greg

To: "Rob Snow (Lists)" <lists@dympna.com>
Cc: freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject: Re: Hmm, dupes?
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 22:38:23 -0600
From: David Kelly <dkelly@grumpy.dyndns.org>
Sender: owner-freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG

"Rob Snow (Lists)" writes:
> Is anyone else seeing LOTS of dupes on -questions, -chat, etc?  I just
> re-subscribed due to some flaky DNS issues and am seeing 60% dupes on
> messages...I wish it were 100% or 0%, that would be much easier to solve.
> which lists@dympna.com shows only single entries.

If the messages are spawning in the delivery stage the duplicates will
have the same Message-ID: header. Several ways to deal with that but I
use "slocal -suppressdup" out of the nmh package. Procmail has ways too.

Well, no, actually I don't quite. I don't use the -suppressdup flag as I
hacked the source and made that the default. Such is what source code is
good for.

If you use this technique on your account, you'll have to zero
~/.maildelivery.db every now and then.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net