List:       freebsd-chat
Subject:    Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ata atapi-cd.c atapi-cd.h
From:       Giorgos Keramidas <keramida () ceid ! upatras ! gr>
Date:       2001-01-06 1:30:15

[ Trimmed one of Soren's addresses from Cc-list ]

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 11:31:31AM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 05-Jan-01 Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>
> >  Another reason I could think for not using this is that if you have an
> >  image that barely fits an empty disk, leaving gaps might result in the
> >  image being partially written on the resulting cdrom disk :/
>
> Yes, but is that better or worse than losing the CD blank altogether?

Well, for backup cdroms (and I usually use cdrom disks for backup reasons),
I'd rather throw away a disk or two than lose some part of my backup.  But all
this is my humble opinion.  If an option exists to enable/disable burnproof
technology while running burncd, I would be more than happy.  I'd be plainly
thrilled to see it work :-)

- giorgos