List:       freebsd-audit
Subject:    Re: last with -y option
From:       Giorgos Keramidas <keramida () ceid ! upatras ! gr>
Date:       2002-01-14 18:57:02

On 2002-01-14 17:24:54, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 01:26:31AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > The patch that was sent in PR bin/12982 does not apply to the
> > usr.bin/last (probably because our last was modified for WARNS=2 after
> > the patch was submitted), but I liked the idea that it describes.
> >
> > The attached patch adds a -y option to last that will print the year
> > too when listing wtmp records. It also removes a few EOL whitespaces
> > that I found while reading the last.c source.
> >
> > If this does not break any standards, and you don't think that it
> > breaks last(1) in some way, I'll have to find myself an src/ committer
> > to take care of this PR :-)
> >
> There're two functional and style bugs in your patch, see below.

iewdose pointed out that many parts of the last.c source are
duplicated in a lot of other places.  I'll try to come up with changes
that remove these duplicates first, and then add the -y option.

This patch will be obsolete by then, but thanks Ruslan for taking the
time to read/comment the changes.

> Please don't commit unrelated whitespace changes together with functional
> ones, commit them seperately.

Good point.  Thanks :)

I'm not committing to src/ (apart from manpages) without approval anyway,
but you're right.  If/when last.c is changed I'll keep in mind to
separate whitespace and content changes.

--
Giorgos Keramidas . . . . . . . . . keramida@{ceid.upatras.gr,freebsd.org}
FreeBSD Documentation Project . . . http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/