List:       freebsd-arm
Subject:    Re: Only 400kHz on eMMC with Allwinner Pinebook on 13.1-RELEASE
From:       Bernd Walter <ticso () cicely7 ! cicely ! de>
Date:       2022-05-27 11:08:57

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 04:14:48PM +0200, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2022 20:39:30 +0200
> Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de> wrote:
>
> > I did a binary update from 13.0 with freebsd-update
> > I did no U-Boot update however.
> > Installing and booting kernel seemed to work, but it came up rather slow.
> > And installing the userland took 6h.
> > I have an internal eMMC and an additional uSD card.
> > The uSD card worked fine and probes at 50MHz.
> > The eMMC however is probed with 400kHz only and the pmc fails to attach.
>
> Are you sure that you didn't updated u-boot ?

I don't know when I did the last u-boot update.
At least I kept it when updating from 13.0 p-something to 13.1.
However, in the meantime I did an update (with the arm64 package content)
and now the screen stays black.
Not sure when I will find time to investigate.
At least I'm happy that I didn't update one of my Pine64 first.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> https://www.bwct.de