List:       freebsd-arch
Subject:    Re: Working on Bootforth / ficl
From:       mike <mike () reifenberger ! com>
Date:       2012-11-13 10:37:23

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Devin Teske wrote:
> > - A user-land ficl executable which acted exactly like the bootloader for better
> > forth development
> >

> Does it support "include" ? That's been one of the biggest things preventing me \
> from simulating boot in userland. If it does, this would be a very great addition.

Yes, if I remember right. I was able to do anything up to the boot command...
include is allways there btw. Its implemented using libstand funtionality and
wrapped into a FORTH word later on..

NB: Because on amd64 the loader gets compiled as a i386 binary I produced there
a i386 userland binary too because it was simpler to implement. Shouldn't matter
for bootforth testing purposes.

Greetings
---
Michael Reifenberger