List:       freebsd-amd64
Subject:    Re: Sun Fire servers....
From:       Vivek Khera <vivek () khera ! org>
Date:       2006-06-14 17:46:41

On Jun 13, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Ken Gunderson wrote:

> These SunFire boxes look quite attractive so keep us posted
> on your experiences w/them ;-)

The X4100 are wonderfully stable with FreeBSD 6.0.  I haven't
upgraded to 6.1 yet, and I haven't figured out yet how to make the
serial console work on them (might be wiring issues).  I use external
disks on a RAID array, since the internal disk controller wasn't
support until just very recently in 6.x