List:       freebsd-amd64
Subject:    Re: freebsd-amd64 Digest, Vol 59, Issue 5
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-07-23 19:46:15

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Patrick Tufts wrote:
> > From: david me <david19702004@yahoo.com>
> > Which Mother Board ?
> > Which Ethernet card (if not supported the onboard one)
> > Thank you!
>
> I've had no problems with an ASUS K8V Deluxe and the AMD64 3000+. I
> believe the 3000+ is not the newest socket, though.

The K8V is socket 754, which doesn't exactly give you a long upgrade path.
Also, look out for the K8V SE (Second Edition? Sucks Extremely?), it
_appears_ to have problems with the onboard ethernet under heavy load,
though noone here has managed to put their finger on it. nForce3-150 has
weird problems, but I don't suppose you'll run into those lots any more.