List:       freebsd-amd64
Subject:    Re: cvsup
From:       Adriaan de Groot <adridg () sci ! kun ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-23 21:14:41

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Markus Schanovsky wrote:
> Today I installed FreeBSD 5.2.1amd64 for the first time and encountered,
> that cvsup is not supported.
> Is there any other way to update the ports-tree than downloading the
> ports.tar.zg file?

Yes. Install cvsup. However, the ports cvsup / pkg_add -r will not work,
you need David's copy of it. Alternatively, you may port the Modula 3
compiler and use it to build the cvsup port itself. Search the archives of
this list for the url - subject "cvsup" ought to do it, pretty much.
Remember to unset compress in your supfile.