List:       freebsd-alpha
Subject:    Re: [kde-freebsd] koffice broken on alpha
From:       Terry Lambert <tlambert2 () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2003-01-12 2:32:39

AlanE wrote:
> >> Someone needs to submit/commit an actual patch so I can test it.
> >
> >Well, Terry Lambert provided all the necessary info back on 4 Jan, but
> >I've attached an 'official' patch which will fix it. Only tested on
> >i386, but there's nothing platform specific in this one.
> >
> >(kde-freebsd team: All it does is disable --enable-final for all
> >platforms)
>
> I won't commit that. The build-time speedup from final is too significant.
> You're going to have to make the patch platform specific for it to go in;
> you could put this in now, but I'll back it out when 3.1 release gets
> committed.

What's the official ".if" for "all platforms but those owned by
i386 weenies"?  It might need to take the PPC folks into account,
too... I'm not sure whether they're 32 bit or 64 bit these days.

Is there maybe a "64 bit platform" test that can be used, or, better,
a "non-32 bit platform" test, since this will bit us on the ass again,
when 128 bit platforms start showing up in 5-6 years?

-- Terry