List:       freebsd-alpha
Subject:    Re: Network CARD.
From:       "Stephen D. Spencer" <bsd-alpha () boneyard ! lawrence ! ks ! us>
Date:       2001-04-23 15:07:04

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it wrote:

> Can a standard PCI network card work on AlphaStation 255 ??
> Which PCI NIC added on the PCI slot can work with FreeBSD/alpha ??
> Actually I wanted to implement a FreeBSD/alpha NAT box!

You bet.  I'm currently using a 3Com 10/100 card and have had 0
difficulties.  I've also had good luck with the tulip cards,
and for fun I even tried an RL8139.  I would highly recommend
staying away from newer Intel NICs (see fxp thread on freebsd-
hackers for the sick, sad truth)

--
Stephen Spencer
UNIX Systems Administrator